- Six bedrooms, five bathrooms
- Maximum occupancy: 10 guests (additional guests on request at additional cost)
- About 15 minutes from Cortona
- About 25 minutes from Lake Trasimeno
- Heated swimming pool (10 x 5)
- Italian sky TV
- Pizza oven
- Cookery courses and wine tours available
- Maid service 2 hours daily, six days per week
- Additional maid service and cook on request
- Welcome hamper included
- Advance shopping and wine list possible
This is a dreamy and enchanting home with a glorious infinity pool, stunning views and a magical atmosphere. Set high in the wooded hills above the historical town of Cortona, this restored and ancient farmhouse provides a romantic location for those wishing to enjoy peaceful and unspoilt comfort. Surrounded by 60 hectares of its own land, there is a glorious walk through the woodland to one of the most spectacular views in Tuscany overlooking Lake Trasimeno.
From the infinity swimming pool, set into the side of the hill, one can enjoy panoramic views: the poolside gazebo with its cushions and relaxed Moroccan feel, is a great spot for relaxing in the midday sun. Long lazy al fresco meals can be enjoyed on the pergola covered dining terrace with delicious fresh ingredients from the local market.
The interior designer has exquisitely and sensitively restored the house with both inside and al fresco living in mind. Whilst remaining sympathetic to its natural environment , the house is imbued with a sophisticated yet comfortable ambience, and furnished throughout with beautiful, inviting sofas and armchairs, antiques, and artefacts from around the world and all softened with warm rugs and cushions.
Ground floor. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room. Study/dressing room with sleigh bed. Double bedroom with four poster bed, with en-suite bathroom with shower.
First floor. Drawing room. Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom with bath and shower. Two twin bedrooms sharing bathroom with bath and shower.
Independent cottages, with external access: Two double bedrooms with en suite shower rooms.
- Cortona: 15 kms
- Montenare (nearest shops): 3 kms
- Camucia (nearest Supermarket): 10 kms
- Lake Trasimeno: 30 Kms
- Montepulciano: 45 kms
- Perugia: 60 kms
- Orvieto: 120 kms
- Assisi: 80 kms
- Perugia airport: 60 kms
- Florence airport: 110 kms
- Pisa airport: 190 kms
- Rome airport: 210 kms
|Dates||Per week||Per night|
|2nd March to 1st June||€6895||€985|
|1st June to 27th June||€8470||€1210|
|27th June to 29th August||€9695||€1385|
|29th August to 12th September||€8470||€1210|
|12th September to 22nd December||€7350||€1050|
|21st December to 6th January||€9695||€1385|
All prices in Euros, and subject to confirmation at time of booking
SECURITY DEPOSIT : €2000
Rental rates include:
- Housekeeping six days a week, two hours per day
- Welcome pack of basic provisions and toiletries
- Swimming pool with solar panel heating
- Weekly linen change: bath and swimming towels changed twice weekly
Booked – On request – Available
Availability can change daily. This is a guide. Please check with us before making a booking or committing to travel arrangements.
A dreamy and enchanting home with stunning views, and a magical atmosphere, in the wooded hills above the historical town of Cortona