- Seven bedrooms, six bathrooms
- Maximum occupancy: 12 guests (additional guests on request at additional charge)
- about half an hour from Cortona
- small village a few minutes drive
- Heated swimming pool (12 x 6)
- 70 acres of fenced grounds
- Exclusive use of tennis court
- Wi fi throughout
- Satellite TV
- Logs supplied for out of season retreats/central heating
- Table tennis
- Cooking lessons and wine tours possible
- 4 hours maid service daily included in the price. Additional hours on request.
- Bed linen is changed once a week. Towels and swimming towels changed twice per week. Additional changes possible at extra charge.
- Cook service possible: best to book in advance.
- Advance shopping possible at €55 plus the cost of the food.
- Selected wine list available, with orders possible prior to arrival.
Set in the Tuscan hills between Cortona and Mercatale, this imposing manor house is the ideal retreat for those wishing to enjoy idyllic and peaceful surroundings in extreme comfort. Quietly secluded and set within its own meadows and olive groves. a private lake and numerous woodland walks, it is still well placed to explore nearby Tuscan and Umbrian villages and towns.
Owned and renovated by a renowned international interior designer, the house exudes sophistication and tranquillity. It has been beautifully restored to retain its character features, with wood beams, oak ceilings and stone doorways all assisting to create a unique holiday home with all contemporary comforts.
The house enjoys lots of space both indoors and outdoors. The spacious kitchen/dining room provides the latest equipment in elegant surroundings. Through two ancient Roman capitols you leave the kitchen and enter the large hall and from there the double doors open onto an arched loggia with tumbling wisteria. The huge table of reclaimed oak is a wonderful place to enjoy lunch and look down on the olive groves and the infinity pool below.
The charming drawing room, a large and extremely spacious room, is furnished with a graceful and understated style. The sofas are deep and comfortable with intriguing family artefacts and paintings which add to the atmosphere. The study is more intimate, and the upstairs galleried sitting room with sofas is another beautiful space to relax.
Each bedroom is romantically and individually styled with antiques, some with four poster beds, each dedicated to comfort without losing any of the integral charm of this beautiful house. The bathrooms are characterised by the magnificent free standing baths, large walk in showers, antique baths.
From two of the first floor terraces you can see castles on the distant hilltops, and it is the ideal place to sip a Bellini or cocktail, and drink in the atmosphere. It is difficult not to be overwhelmed by the setting and the stunning far-reaching views to the distant hilltop villages and castles.
The swimming pool is set amongst the olive trees, sculpted into the grounds, with an infinity edge that disappears into the spectacular backdrop. The house is surrounded by 70 acres of its own land, all fenced to maintain the safety of the natural environment and the protection of the animals that live within the woods. Exclusive use of tennis court 5 minutes down the drive with the option to book tennis lessons.
Ground floor. Entrance hall. Living room. Study. TV room. Kitchen with dining table. Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Double bedroom. Independent bathroom.
First floor. Sitting room. Large terrace. Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, with large terrace. Two double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. Two double bedrooms. Independent bathroom.
- Cortona: 27 kms
- Mercatale: 8 kms
- Umbertide: 14 kms
- Arezzo: 55 kms
- Florence: 136 kms
- Siena: 93 kms
- Montepulciano: 52 kms
- Assisi: 60 kms
- Perugia: 48 kms
- Gubbio: 44 kms
- Perugia airport: 45 kms
- Ancona airport: 138 kms
- Florence airport: 156 kms
- Bologna airport: 238 kms
- Pisa airport: 217 kms
- Rome airport: 253 kms
|Dates||Per week||Per night|
|8th January to 14th May||€16,905||€2415|
|14th May to 25th June||€18,760||€2680|
|25th June to 27th August||€19,985||€2855|
|27th August to 17th September||€18,760||€2680|
|17th September to 17th December||€16,905||€2415|
|17th December to 8th January||€19.985||€2855|
All prices in Euros and subject to confirmation at time of booking.
Security deposit: €5000
- Central heating is not included in the rental fee
- An initial basket of logs will be provided
- The pool is open from the last week of May till mid September: the use of the pool at other times may incur an extra charge
- Pool heating is included in the rental fee
- Welcome hamper included: fresh bread, butter, biscuits, milk, tea, coffee, orange juice, honey, marmalade, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, water, wine and soft drinks
- Housekeeping six days per week, four hours per day
- Weekly linen change: bath and swimming towels changed twice weekly
- Use of tennis court, table tennis and boules
Package of additional benefits available at a surcharge of €4690 per week
- Linen changed twice per week, with bath and swimming towels changed three times per week
- Daily breakfast service
- Chef for dinner or lunch daily
- Kitchen and serving staff
- Shopping service, including delivery of wine
Booked – On request – Available
Availability can change daily. This is a guide. Please check with us before making a booking or committing to travel arrangements.
Under the Tuscan Sun. One of the most beautiful and luxurious properties to rent in Tuscany, with the option of full catering on request.