- Six bedrooms, four bathrooms
- Maximum occupancy: 12 guests
- ten minutes from Lucca
- about half an hour from the beaches at Forte dei Marmi
- Eco-flap roof
- Swimming pool (26 x 5) with hydro massage area
- Wi-fi throughout, including pool & terrace areas
- Outdoor lighting that turns on automatically at sunset till 3 am
- Marantz remote App to control music, TV, radio and other devices
- Satellite TV
- Ping pong table
- Heliport possible
- Maid service included twice weekly
- Cook and additional maid service and laundry on request
- Food & drink delivery on arrival and during your stay possible
- Motorcycle and bicycle rental possible
- Personal fitness trainer possible
- To get to Butterfly House there is a narrow stretch of road which does not allow vehicles wider than two metres to pass.
- The last stretch of road is not suitable for low slung vehicles.
- The property is situated in a wild natural environment with rocks and with an overflowing pool: young children need to be supervised at all times,
This extraordinary property has won many awards and is considered one of the best works of architecture in the world.
This dream place is located in the first hills around Lucca, a laboratory, a place of meditation for the owners, both architects , artist and designer for the most famous Italian companies. The panoramic view from the villa is extraordinary. You can perceive the entire city of Lucca and its walls. The property consists of ten hectares of olive groves and woods located on the nearest Lucca hills, 200 metres above the city, yet only 10 minutes away by car.
The villa, the guest house and the pool are real jewels of contemporary architecture and technology immersed in the Tuscan nature. Both buildings are clinging on a hill of white marble like the one of Carrara located nearby.
This is the first house in the world with a hydraulic roof. The two wings of the roof open at 30 degree angle like the wings of a butterfly. This allows natural ventilation to cool the house and and brings to the villa a very unique and magic-like sensation of literally sleeping under the stars.
The interior is organised around a spectacular staircase represented as a red dazzling evening dress. Rock of white marble is present in the house and appears on three floors. Architecture, furniture, lamps, sculptures, almost everything has been conceived, designed and custom made for the villa by the owners. The furniture found inside the house on the main floor, such as the sofas, the central table and the marble seats on the terrace, are all unique designer pieces of designer art. The two designers design for large international companies, including Alessi.
Many clients book this property as it is very convenient to Pisa, Forte dei Marmi beaches, Lucca & Florence. When they get there they never want to leave. They have to return to visit Tuscany another time.
Ground floor. Entrance hall. Guest cloakroom
First floor. Large living room with fireplace & TV. Dining room. Kitchen. Access to terraces. Double bedroom with access to pool terrace. Bathroom.
Second floor. Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom with bath and shower, and Lucca view. Two further double bedrooms which share a bathroom, one with terrace access. Library/games room/possible double bedroom with access to terrace.
Guest House (40 metres from main villa). Two double bedrooms, interconnecting and sharing a bathroom. Private terrace.
Lucca : 3 kms
Forte dei Marmi : 33 kms
Pisa airport : 27 kms
Florence : 78 kms
Montecatini : 30 kms
Cinque Terre : 84 kms
San Gimignano : 86 kms
Siena : 142 kms
Florence airport : 65 kms
Genoa airport : 165 kms
Milan : 278 kms
Rome : 347 kms
|Dates||Per week||Per day|
|July & August||€11550||€1650|
All prices are in Euros and subject to confirmation at the time of booking. All prices include welcome basket of wine, olive oil and local products.
Deposit to secure booking: 50% of the rental price
Balance due: 8 weeks prior to arrival
Damage deposit : €2500
Booked – On request – Available
Availability can change daily. This is a guide. Please check with us before making a booking or committing to travel arrangements.
An extraordinary property immersed in Tuscan nature, a romantic place of meditation and dreams, clinging to a marble hill with panoramic views over the city of Lucca and its walls. This is the first house in the world with an hydraulic roof, which opens like a butterfly.